Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Problem with Conformity

"Everyone has it, so I need to have it too". A statement that one day will harm each and everyone of us. We conform to what society and media dictates to us what we need to do. If not, we don't belong. We are considered outcast of the community. Is it chicken and egg? Do the society dictates us what we need to do or do we tell society what is acceptable or not?

iPhone, iPads, Flat-screen tv, and many more gadgets that can be mentioned. Do you have them? I do. I asked myself one day, "Do i need all these stuffs?" Obviously, the answer is, I don't need it, I just want it. This is not the culture I use to know. I don't carry all these extravagant, branded things that become tools to conform tot he society.

Everything changes. I changed a lot. And i know everyone did, and we keep changing over time. The only thing that never change though is we keep conforming, even we know it's wrong.

1 comment: